Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 2 - Ephesians works.

The light came on, and I saw it.
I was studying the book of Ephesians. We were visiting my husband's parents over the Passover week and I sat at the kitchen table, reading, writing, reading, writing as revelation poured into me from Paul's letter. My bible lay open next to a full page of notes on my clipboard. I think I was on chapter 3. My mother-in-law was cooking supper and came by the table to get a dish from the china cabinet. I sensed a slight halt in her movement as she passed me. Was it my imagination or did she glance at my notes? I bet she saw my notes. Oh no. Are they scripturally sound? She probably looked at my notes and what if there was something there that wasn't right. What'll she think. She's gonna think that-
BANG!
My eyes opened wide in realization. The revelation throbbed though my brain in sync with my heartbeat.
I found the root.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool!!! God often uses the simplest of things to speak to us the loudest!!
Keep going!! You have me intrigued!

redeemed diva said...

Tell me more! I love your writing, Nic. I seriously cannot wait to read the next post...what is the root?
I love Ephesians. That book is so rich and deep. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Rhonda said...

I love it when God reveals things to us. Do you know when that happens? It's when our heart is ready.

Bless you as you embark on this journey. Cheryl is my cousin and an amazing leader. She won't steer you wrong.

The other night I was praying in bed and asked God a question. Immediately the answer came to my mind. I was amazed. I really didn't expect it so quickly. I love our God.